Metal Shed - Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have bought a metal shed (shedmaster 8mx8m) using it as a small office area.

I have sealed up all gaps to prevent draughts and used expanding foam. I have stuck on Polystyrene sheets inbetween the metal rafters yet the condensation is still there.

If I lowered the polystyrene about an inch away from the metal roof and strapped it out with battens and installed a 9mm marine ply below the poly to create a false ceiling, would this cure the problem?

[/u]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Lol not really an option.

I have built a timber frame for the walls and lined with wool insulation and plasterboard, the floor is timber and raised 2ft of the ground with a dpc barrier. Only issue with condensation is on the roof. If i thought a 50mm gap between the sheet and roof and then ply would be fine

apart from a wooden shed, any other idea

In all fairness there must be something as money people have these sheds. Also alot of industrial units are made of the same without any issues.

Even thought of replacing the roof with osb and felting or take the metal of the roof and installing breathable felt membrane and putting it back down

Sealing up all the gaps and using the shed as an office is probably the main cause of the condensation. As with a house, the more insulation and more efficient double glazing accompanied by the blatant lack of ventillation in new homes or modified homes means more moisture forming on the colder surfaces. There is very little you can do other than vent the moist air and allow fresh in. Why did you buy a shed as an office?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jackleg-O...ners_Pre_Fab_Buildings_ET&hash=item20cdb103d4

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I have left a few openings at the ridge to allow for air flow, should maybe install some floor vents too

I got it cheap :D 10m x 10m shed for £200 didn't think I could go wrong. Guess you learn from your mistakes :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back