Minimalist effective repairs to masonry-tips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Electric board came back out to refix bracket (properly- thanks all who advised me on that part). Sorry for confusing pics- good shots showing damage are those before proper brackets were installed.

E' Board said they would pay for repairs as long as it was "not silly money".

So I have:
-Main block with cracks/gaps that have not reduced since bolts removed.
-hairline cracks in nearby pointing.
-some holes with bolt bits stuck in them.
-holes in stones.

Tempted to gun exterior silicone deep into main crack. Mash up some other lias stone bits with cement and fill holes.

...but what do i know?

I don't want facia and soffit removed to reset the stones above affected masonry. Can't see removing the main cracked stone while ones above stay put????

Don't want to get any old builder in- who has my type of stone lying about???

Sponsored Links
Ask them to outline what they are willing to do and make decision based on that...pinenot :)

Ask them to outline what they are willing to do and make decision based on that...pinenot :)

They said they would pay for repairs.... not sure where that leaves me...they said something about replacing the stone. Don't know if that is too much of a faff and don't really want to end up with different stone up there.

Could someone glue the stone together?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back