Hanging self-adhesive border - should I use wallpaper paste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just decorated our new nursery. It's taken me an age as I had various cracks and other issues to deal with. Now I've got the walls lovely and smooth and painted to perfection.

The wife has a vinyl self-adhesive border that she wants to put up :mad:

I have hung a regular border in the past but never a self adhesive one. From looking online it sounds as though if you make a mistake and try to correct it, it'll pull the paint off the wall. Other reports say that they don't adhere properly and end up falling off the wall.

Having spent so long getting the room right this sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. One thought is to get a different border - but then it won't match the other accessories that my wife has purchased :mad:

I was wondering whether I could use wallpaper paste on top of the sticky-back border and hang it in a more regular manner. Does anyone know if this is likely to work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No you can't use normal paste. Ping a chalk line first and follow that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back