Help tracking down coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to replace a couple of small sections of coving in my new house. The sections are pretty small (about 5cm each), the previous owners had cut into the coving to mount a wardrobe.

The coving is a C profile and the height (wall) is 90mm and the projection (ceiling) is 75mm.

I've searched high and low for this but cannot find. Can anyone advise where I might find or how I can go about repairing?

Let me know if you want some photos.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will be able to fill the gap using plaster filler - I'd recommend Toupret Murex Exterior Filler as sold by toolstation and others. This product sets fast and does not shrink.

You need some artist's palette knives to use as moulding tools

Make up a thick mix and fill the gap slightly under the required finished level.
Allow this to harden off
Refill to just proud of the finished surface, profiling the surface to the shape of the main coving.
Once that has hardened off you then sand the finish down until it matches the coving. (you might need to do some extra filling at this stage)

It's a slow process but you should/will end up with a completely invisible repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back