Internal gaps around window frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I am redecorating my bedroom and after stripping the wall paper I have some gaps around the window frame. I am due to get the walls skimmed on Tuesday and am wondering if I need to do anything before then to "plug" the gaps or I let the plasterer deal with it?

What do you all reckon?

Images in my gallery

Suggestions of what to do if anything, the product to use and where to buy from? UK.

Thanks all.
David.

Sponsored Links
The gaps are pretty wide but I would imagine the plasterer will be able to fill them easily enough when skimming. Once the plaster is dry, and mist coated, you can use caulk between the window frame and wall to stop any cracks opening up. My biggest concern would be whether there is a large void around the window frame which could mean the window will move and still crack around the perimeter even though it's been caulked. It could also mean cold spots around the window recess which could give rise to condensation and mould formation. :(

Thanks that's the answer I was looking for. The Windows have been in a while and have never leaked in heavy down pour. They must be well sealed from the outside!

Never even realised there was a gap until I stripped the paper. Just wanted to do things well if I am decorating!!! Things you find huh...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back