Power cord recall - funny comment

Sponsored Links
All too easilly, one of the problems with moulded connectors is they make nondestructive examination impractical (I guess you could x-ray them or something but is anyone really likely to do that).

Our company's outsourced IT support told me to contact HP about a recall on my laptop mains lead. I duly received a replacement, along with a pictogram that seemed to be telling me to cut it in two midway along its length (with a pair of scissors). No instruction to dispose of it safely afterwards.

not laughable at all,possible fire risk through over heating.
ive just had a new cord sent to me from hp F.O.C.
lappy is over 3 years old,grateful the company are holding there hands up and admitting theve had a problem.

Sponsored Links
I bet the risk of fire is less than the risk of electrocution from all those plugs with a couple of feet of flex attached. They could at least tell you to remove the fuse and destroy the fuse carrier.

All too easilly, one of the problems with moulded connectors is they make nondestructive examination impractical (I guess you could x-ray them or something but is anyone really likely to do that).
No problem - you can examine the internals after the externals have all melted away.

I bet the risk of fire is less than the risk of electrocution from all those plugs with a couple of feet of flex attached. They could at least tell you to remove the fuse and destroy the fuse carrier.

Thought I was the only one to do things like that.
If I have a faulty item that I want to get rid of I destroy it beyond all chance of repair, even cutting the cable as close as possible to the appliance and destroying the moulded plug or removing a standard re-wireable plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back