Power shower help please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Today I tried to install a power shower. It's an aqualisa shower with the pump built in.

I was replacing a previous shower, which turned on/off via a pull chord, and replicated the wiring.

Strange thing is no matter whether the 'box' the chord goes to says 'on' or 'off' the light on the box stays on. Don't think it did that before!

Also, the shower isn't very powerful - and I'm trying to work out if the pump is working or not.

When the box says 'on' the pump is semi-powerful - and when I turn the water off it makes a noise, a pumping noise.

When the box says 'off' the pump us also semi-powerful - and when I turn the water off there's no noise, nothing happening.

Either way,when the water is turned on there isn't any noise - now I know the pump is supposed to be quiet, but silent?

Any advice very much appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
What shower was there before and how did you plumb the new one in?

As regards to the pump...you will know when it's working, as it makes a hell of a racket!

Sponsored Links
Shower before was a Mira power shower. I always think hard what my limitations are and thinking this one was maybe somewhere in the middle!

So I've plumbed in to the hot and cold supplies which were there - and hot and cold are coming through fine.

Tried to replicate the wiring - and not sure what the issue is here. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back