Where can I buy thinner than Bell/speaker wire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

When I look online, all I find is bell cable and speaker cable. Where can I find the thinnest cable, that would still be capable of running either say, 50 or 100 component LEDs? Ideally so thin it hangs like string.

Thanks!

ps. A link would be good! Ebay or somewhere...

Background info
==========

I'm adding dynamic lighting around the house in the form of little LEDs. (flickering orange, or RGB colour changing in a single bulb)

Right now for example, I have a 3V power adapter off which are running 4 flickering tealights (from poundland) placed around the fireplace, giving a nice little glow at night. I aim to extend this kind of thing to around the entire house, and I may end up joining it into one big circuit, as it would be nice just to have it all on at night. (for example, flicking LED in the outside lantern instead of the weak solar panelled LED that came with it - and some little lights in cabinets and under paintings on walls.)

My issue is, before I start going and mass connecting these up (the fireplace was my first small scale trial) I want to know what the thinnest cable is I can use, so it is the least obtrusive. ...I had bought 10M of white speaker cable from Wilkinsons at just £3. However, I believe I should be able to get much thinner, because I have a set of 10 mini lanterns, each with an LED, attached to two AA batteries which was a cheap little thing bought at Halloween from Asda for a few quid. This 2core wire must be about 75% thickness of 1 core of the speaker cable I bought. So much so that it hangs like string. Outside around the patio I have a solar 100 LED string light that similarly must have a very thin cable.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back