who makes the best build quality solar photovoltaic panels

L

lizard1975

Hi,
I am strongly leaning towards have solar panels installed on my property and i was wondering who makes the best quality panels? I'm not talking about most efficient or highest wattage, simply about dynamite build quality.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
In rip off britian you'll pay over £3 quid per watt on installation costs.
I'd put most of that down to rules and regulations and of course being shackeled to a dictorial leadership that calls itself the eu.

Meanwhile in not so vain America...
"Americans who want to install solar panels on their houses are having to pay less than ever before, a new report has found.

The installed prices for solar photovoltaic (PV) power systems fell by a range of 6 to 14 percent, or $0.30 per watt to $0.90 per watt, from 2011 to 2012 according to the sixth edition of “Tracking the Sun,” an annual PV cost-tracking report published this week by the Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory"

So 5 times more expensive in rip off britian compared to the land of freedom.
That should help keep the elderly and infirm cold and shivering in winter.

More info...
http://www.solar-trade.org.uk/antiDumping.cfm

The EU runs a self protectionism policy which ensures high installation costs for end users.
Its nothing new. They do the same with farming which ensures eu farmers get rich and wealthy whilst the peasant farmers and peoples from poor nations remain poor and starve to death.

Also...
http://www.dutycalculator.com/dc/104416-import-duty-rate-for-PV-Solar-Panel-is-0/

From the eu you have a 40% mark up then another 3.3% mfn mark up and then sales tax of 20% which totals over 70% mark up from when the panel leaves Chinese shores.
And of course when the panels reach british shores the box ticking eu arze licking jobsworths in Whitehall ensure every single levy the eu has imposed has been paid.

Sponsored Links
In Rumania anyone with solar panels producing more power than they can use has to pay for the excess power to be taken away by the national grid.
That according to a Rumanian professional visiting the UK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back