Advice on fitting a carpet around an in-floor safe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am getting a new carpet for my master bedroom and I would like some idea of how best to fit the carpet around the in-floor safe. I have a carpet guy coming to do the job but I would like to know the best way to do it before I let him loose.

The safe sits completely flush with the floorboards and opens using a key. The door is approximately 30cm x 30cm.

I think it will be difficult to get a finish leaving it invisible so I intend on placing a rug over it. I think the easiest solution would be to cut a hole in the carpet, then glue the underlay to the offcut, place it in the hole and then put a rug on top.

But will this fray badly over time? Would it be a good idea to fit carpet edges around the hole? I expect you would feel them through the carpet?

Advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Here is a picture of it. The existing carpet was just stapled down and there is no underlay so it just folds back. I would like a cleaner solution when I get my nice new carpet :)

floorsafe.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back