Carpet installation on stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have been quoted £110 to fit some capet on my stairs. I think this maybe a bit expensive so I'm considering doing it myself. The stairs have two turns in them, 6 steps that allow the turn.

Could anyone tell me how I can fit the carpet on these stairs?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes I watched this video and its very helpful but there is no mention about installing carpet on stairs that turn :(

if you want it to look good - get a pro in

if you do not wish to fall down stairs due to loose carpet - get a pro in

carpet fitting on stairs should be done properly otherwise you get sued by the paraplegic you have caused

£110 sounds like alot of money however - around here expect to pay around £3 per square metre - how big are yours stairs?

Sponsored Links
There are 15 steps altogether with 6 that accommodate turns. The width of the stairs is a bit less than normal stairs. I thought the quote is a bit too much

far too much for stairs only.....

....however how big is the hall? and the landing?

are you expecting the installer to move any furniture (in the hall or on the landing)

are you expecting the fitter to uplift and remove the old existing flooring?

both will add to the cost, as will access to the property any parking charges etc

None of the above, that quote was just to fit the carpet on the stairs. Easy access no old carpet to dispose and easy parking on my drive.

Ooops! someone is having a laugh

"up north" that would be a minimum charge - £30 - £40 tops

....suggest you ring around

Edit - unless that includes the cost of the carpet too?????
- I was just giving you a fitting charge

I did some ringing around and minimum charge is £65 and cause its stairs that have turns, its gonna be more. Thanks for your input man

in the SE of England that would be minimum charge £60 and stair charge £40 at retail prices, direct fitting with the fitter would be less, I don't think the quote is unrealistic for a good pro job.

in the SE of England that would be minimum charge £60 and stair charge £40 at retail prices, direct fitting with the fitter would be less, I don't think the quote is unrealistic for a good pro job.

........bloody hell! - I`m moving down your way - o/p lives in Bristol is it the same there?
our lads will do that for £30 up here

........bloody hell! - I`m moving down your way - o/p lives in Bristol is it the same there?
our lads will do that for £30 up here

Have you seen the costs of living down here!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back