Flooring moisture reading low.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had some pre oiled oak solid floor deliverd 3 days ago. Moisture reading is 2% and in the subfloor (plyover boarding) 2-3%. do I still need to leave longer to acclimatise. readings have been constant over 3 days.

From what I can gather readings of subfloor and oak need to be within 4% of each other and less than 14%. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your Oak boards read 2% moist content???

What equipment did you use?

It should be between 8 - 10%

Pin meter seems if i just stick it in the wood reads about 2% if i drive in a couple of panel pins reding 10-11%.Confused anyone help.
Thanks for your reply WUL

Do the same for the plywood and I think you will get a higher reading there too.

(Oh, and it's WYL for short, not WUL :p :p )

Sponsored Links
Your Oak floor needs a bit more time to acclimatise, based on the reading 10 - 11%. If you install it now - just before the heating season starts - you'll end up rather quickly with a shrinking floor once the central heating is on for most of the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back