Preparing floor surface for Vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking to put vinyl down in our kitchen. Currently there are some poorly laid tiles so I know it will need to be made good before we lay the vinyl.

I've seen some people mention latex flooring to go on top of ceramic tiles. Can anyone tell me if that is correct and if so what specific product I need and where I can get it?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
whatever you do dont overlay with s latex this will seal the floor leading to damp problems in the futurecurerently your floor is breathing and moisture is evaporating

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

I'm looking to put vinyl down in our kitchen. Currently there are some poorly laid tiles so I know it will need to be made good before we lay the vinyl.

I've seen some people mention latex flooring to go on top of ceramic tiles. Can anyone tell me if that is correct and if so what specific product I need and where I can get it?

Many Thanks

you should post this in the flooring section..........

more info is needed and photos are helpful too

...........is it a solid floor?
....if so what do you mean by poorly laid?
if the tiles are firmly fixed then latex screed is usually the correct preparation for sheet vinyl

are you "capable" of screeding?
is money an issue? - if not get a pro in!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back