weed membrane idea!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the process of laying artificial grass in my garden,im laying weed membrane,layer of type 1 , a layer of sharp sand than my grass, ive got 5 big bulk bags of type 1 and sharp sand, i was thinking of using the empty sand bags on top of the weed menbrane as extra protection,does anyone think it will be a silly idea to cut them flat, its strong material and water passes through it eadily enough. Dont really trust just weed membrane.

Sponsored Links
I think it would act like a pond liner, I have empty bulk bags lying about outside which form puddles on them!

Yeah think your right actually, weed membrane ive got is so weak thought it might be worth a go but better not.

Sponsored Links
they are porous, the water only sits on them becasue of surface tension.

Don't bother using them though. As long as your putting down the type 1 layer and compacting it well no weed is going to come through that apart from the real horrors like marestail brambles or knotweed and a membrane will not stop them anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back