are you dissapointed with 10w led pendant bulbs ??

£40 a year saved over a 100w incandecent bulb :D
so your choice really change 10 bulbs and have a holiday every year for nothing :cool:

Where do you holiday? I spent that on a barbeque last weekend and I'm poor and working class. :eek:

10x£40= £400= butlins camping or end off season abroad :D ;)

any way the point is the savings can be far greater than some people think:cool:

Or you could turn the lights off and save even more! TWO weeks in Butlitz!

Sponsored Links
£40 a year saved over a 100w incandecent bulb :D
so your choice really change 10 bulbs and have a holiday every year for nothing :cool:

Where do you holiday? I spent that on a barbeque last weekend and I'm poor and working class. :eek:

10x£40= £400= butlins camping

OK. You've talked me out of it. I'd rather revert to lighting my gaff with gas mantles if it means I don't have to go to Butlins. :LOL:

whilst i fully agree about choice without big brother

with a possible 88p in the £ saving in running costs worth looking at ;)
these bulbs are a very close size match to a normal 100w bulb

a bulb in use for an average 10 hrs a day will cost around 45p per watt per year so 88w saved would be around 11p a day 77p a week £3.25 a month or £40 a year saved over a 100w incandecent bulb :D

I've got 29 bulbs in a very average 4 bed house. My leccy bill is currently about £600 a year. After I've spent 3 or 400 dabs changing all my bulbs this year I'm wondering how I will save the further £1160.00 out of the £600 I've budgeted for ?? :LOL:

My only worry about making general use of 'rough service' lamps is the suggestion that, because they are officially described as 'unsuitable for domestic use', there may be an insurance problem should anything untoward happen.

How true is this?

You may have a point, but personally I'm not worried about it.

But, there are other types of risks apparently with low energy bulbs -

http://www.which.co.uk/energy/energ...bulbs/your-energy-saving-light-bulb-concerns/

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/oct/09/energyefficiency.health

After experimenting with the low energy fluorescent type bulbs a few years ago, I decided to give them a miss except in certain lights where performance or light quality isn't critical, eg. outside light, table lamp in hall. Reading lights are always incandescent, as everything else gives me headaches or eye strain.

Sponsored Links
Most compact flourescent lamps contain a small amount of mercury.

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/sust...ling-broken-lamps/index.jsp?mkturl=brokenlamp

Some LED lamps use beryllium oxide which is highly toxic.

Advanced Construction with High performance Materials

In the LED industry, aluminum substrates are generally used to heat sink LED diodes. The thermal conductivity of these substrates is very high, due to the electrically isolated layer in the aluminum substrates. XLEDIA developed high thermal conductive materials such as aluminum nitride and beryllium oxide to be applied on substrates. These materials can effectively conduct heat generated by LED diodes to significantly enhance the total performance.

I'm wondering how I will save the further £1160.00 out of the £600 I've budgeted for ?? :LOL:
You have the decimal point in the wrong place.

The £40 was for 10 lamps.

It would be 40 x 2.9 = £116

Sorry. It was where he said £40.00 for "a" bulb and £400.00 saving for ten. I've always thought that "a" was singular. Try reading the post again he does quote the figure of 40 dabs for one. :)

I'm wondering how I will save the further £1160.00 out of the £600 I've budgeted for ?? :LOL:
You have the decimal point in the wrong place.

The £40 was for 10 lamps.

It would be 40 x 2.9 = £116

Sorry. It was where he said £40.00 for "a" bulb and £400.00 saving for ten. I've always thought that "a" was singular. Try reading the post again he does quote the figure of 40 dabs for one. :)

yes grammar an spelling where never my strong points
apologies for any confusion :D

anyway the figure off 45p a year per 1watt is based on 12.5p a unit if you pay more per unit then you save more:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back