Crimea and Scottish Referenda

Sponsored Links
Britain at one time had the biggest empire the world has ever known, and many, many Scots paid no small part in achieving that amazing fact.

Indeed. Britain was once highly respected by the world and perhaps even feared by some.

Oh how the mighty are fallen!

Now we are either ignored or even laughed at.

Well, as communism become stronger in the UK the empire became smaller.

However, a diminishing imperial power must surely be a good thing, but in a much smaller world of the 21st century, we need to strengthen our trading position. That's why we Scots should stay in the UK & the UK should stay part of the EU.

You think it's a good thing that we're ruled by Brussels?

Actually, I don't really care where we are ruled from - Brussels, Westminster, Edinburgh, even Bradford - as long as it is to the benefit of the British people and not the people doing the ruling.

Unfortunately, under our present system, the politicians in Westminster are only interested in themselves and London, and the politicians in Brussels are only interested in themselves and France/Germany. The rest of Britain can get stuffed as far as they are concerned.

But it'll not change mate, get over it - we need a ruling class. If anyone can come up with a different system I'd love to hear about it.

I'm a sweaty, we are in this with the arrogant rsoles that are our Little Engerlander neighbours etc. There's strength in numbers, so we need the rest of the EU as trading partners, what we don't need is these daft EU directives, but we can vote to reform our conditions of membership.

Given a choice, I'd trust a Frog before a little engerlander; keep your friends close & your enemies even closer.......... ;)

I'm a sweaty, we are in this with the arrogant rsoles that are our Little Engerlander neighbours etc. There's strength in numbers, so we need the rest of the EU as trading partners, what we don't need is these daft EU directives, but we can vote to reform our conditions of membership.

Given a choice, I'd trust a Frog before a little engerlander; keep your friends close & your enemies even closer.......... ;)
I'd say, aww, come on then give us a hug but your 'sweaty' confession has disinclined me! ;)

Sponsored Links

I'd say, aww, come on then give us a hug but your 'sweaty' confession has disinclined me! ;)

You may not understand mate. The English call Scots 'Jocks'- aka sweaty socks, shortened to 'sweaty'. Big hugs back at you.....in a manly way of course!!!........ ;) :LOL:

You may not understand mate. The English call Scots 'Jocks'- aka sweaty socks, shortened to 'sweaty'. Big hugs back at you.....in a manly way of course!!!........ ;) :LOL:

Ahh, I see, in that case from a naturalised frog to a sweaty, come here ya great lump and gis a hug!
Only one kiss though. Apparently the Bretons are moaning about multiple kisses. Flippin news to me. I thought, and certainly from my experience, they started it!.

But it'll not change mate, get over it - we need a ruling class. If anyone can come up with a different system I'd love to hear about it.

I can understand that. The Scots and the Frogs have always been allies against England. With regard to Scottish independence, though, I have no strong feelings if the Scots should vote for independence, although I think it would be to their detriment and, in all honesty, I think it is highly unlikely to happen.

I disagree with your suggestion that we need the EU, though. Didn't we manage to trade successfully with the rest of the world before we joined the EEC? Granted, a European free-trade organisation could be a good thing, but not when they dictate to us what to do, often contrary to our own well-being.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the Frogs, although I have met and enjoyed the company of some of them. Didn't they stab us in the back after many of my father's generation gave their lives to free them from the jackboot?

I can understand that. The Scots and the Frogs have always been allies against England. With regard to Scottish independence, though, I have no strong feelings if the Scots should vote for independence, although I think it would be to their detriment and, in all honesty, I think it is highly unlikely to happen.

I disagree with your suggestion that we need the EU, though. Didn't we manage to trade successfully with the rest of the world before we joined the EEC? Granted, a European free-trade organisation could be a good thing, but not when they dictate to us what to do, often contrary to our own well-being.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the Frogs, although I have met and enjoyed the company of some of them. Didn't they stab us in the back after many of my father's generation gave their lives to free them from the jackboot?

Aye, you can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can't tell him much!!!

Ahh, I see, in that case from a naturalised frog to a sweaty, come here ya great lump and gis a hug!
Only one kiss though. Apparently the Bretons are moaning about multiple kisses. Flippin news to me. I thought, and certainly from my experience, they started it!.

Steady on there old chap!! A public show of affection??!! That'll not do at all!!
I always thought it was two kisses?? Or is that for the Stage luvvies??

A public show of affection between two mates here in Scotland is a quick kick in the knackers or a punch on the arm..... ;)

I think that you are doing the French down a little....My dad found the French to be very welcoming when he and the rest of his comrades marched into Paris and they couldn't be bothered to defend their own Capital city...How nice!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

I think that you are doing the French down a little....My dad found the French to be very welcoming when he and the rest of his comrades marched into Paris and they couldn't be bothered to defend their own Capital city...How nice!

I can't easliy reproduce the figues here, so I'll leave you to check on them in you own good time, if you have the inclination, which I doubt. You probably prefer your urban mythology. :rolleyes:
Suffice here to say: France Military deaths 200,000 Uk Military deaths 383,000
France civilian deaths 350,000, UK civilian deaths 67,000

Totals: France 550,000, UK 450,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Aye... Most of the French were shot whilst running away, the rest couldn't find a white flag fast enough..

The old man was Cavalry but they had to send the mechanised brigades in to France so that they could advance as quickly as the French wer retreating..

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

I can't easliy reproduce the figues here, so I'll leave you to check on them in you own good time, if you have the inclination, which I doubt. You probably prefer your urban mythology. :rolleyes:
Suffice here to say: France Military deaths 200,000 Uk Military deaths 383,000
France civilian deaths 350,000, UK civilian deaths 67,000

Totals: France 550,000, UK 450,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties[/QUOTE]

Lets not belittle the memory of these poor people & please think before you comment. Sad reading :cry:

Mods please ensure respect is shown.

Don't know about the French running away, the British obviously ran faster how else can you explain the fact that the British army arrived on Dunkirk beach first :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back