Doctors Appointments

Looks like I am not alone. :eek:

I have contacted another local surgery and am going to see them on Monday to change surgeries.

It only takes around 4 days to transfer and then I will be able to use their services on Friday if accepted.

This surgery apparently can get you seen within 2 days.

I believe that each dr is paid a yearly fee for each patient on his books so my existing surgery is obviously biting off more than they can chew in the name of greed!

Their loss. :evil:

Sponsored Links
At our surgery I can usually get a same afternoon or next morning appointment with my doctor by booking on line. Try to see a Dracula nurse for a blood test your unlikely to get an appointment for over a month.

Inevitable consequence of the "Abuse of our staff will not be tolerated" signage (which is perfectly fair).

Fine for warning potential accosters (who, by definition, wouldn't take a blind bit of notice anyway) but, if you wish to politely voice your angst at being treated and spoken to like a retarded amoeba, they'll have you booted off "their" list.

Like parking nazis.

I agree that being abusive or rude is completely counter-productive.

I am usually very happy with my GP practice, which I visit on a regular basis as I am diabetic. However, in the past, when I have encountered incompetence on the part of the reception or administrative staff, I have written a polite letter to the practice manager detailing the problems. This has always resulted in a positive outcome, although my name is no doubt now 'familiar' to the staff involved!

Play them at their own game. That's my advice.

i remember a few years back going into my local gps for an appointment and the dragon behind the counter demanding what was wrong with me.
after polity explaining to her that was between myself and my dr,she again said the same thing.so by this time a queue had started to form behind me,so me being me told her about my so called condition.THAT I HAD SPOTS AND PUS leaking from my bell end,(i didnt) couple of guys behind me were in stitches she was totally embarrassed and then said i was still in the wrong for telling her.STUPID COW.and yes i did complain about her and her so called attitude.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
i remember a few years back going into my local gps for an appointment and the dragon behind the counter demanding what was wrong with me.
after polity explaining to her that was between myself and my dr,she again said the same thing.so by this time a queue had started to form behind me,so me being me told her about my so called condition.THAT I HAD SPOTS AND PUS leaking from my bell end,(i didnt) couple of guys behind me were in stitches she was totally embarrassed and then said i was still in the wrong for telling her.STUPID COW.and yes i did complain about her and her so called attitude.

Double bluff? I hope it has cleared up now :LOL:

oh my mistake,its peeps calling me a T++T. :LOL: :LOL:

just thought wonder how the dragon wouldve reacted if i said ive got a discharge from my vagg. :LOL: bet her face wouldve been a picture.

I was in the doctor's last week when the chap in front of me in the queue said to the receptionist, "I need to see someone urgently, I've got shingles".

The receptionist took his personal details, and then passed him on to a nurse who took his blood pressure and a blood sample, saying that the results would be back in about a week.

The nurse then took him to a doctor who spent 10 minutes or so discussing his medical history, life ambitions and favourite football team. Finally the doctor asked him to take his shirt off and inspected his skin, and looked puzzled.

"So, where are these shingles then?"

"They're outside on the truck, I'm delivering them for the roof."

Sponsored Links
Back