• yes

Votes: 36 97.3%
  • no

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't sack her.
I'd contact the Police and have her arrested for fraud.
Then sack her.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Poor lady. She hasn't had a single positive vote in our poll yet. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If she's a dolly bird with a stunning figure make her pay all it back in kind, to you only, personally.

Then sack her.

wow, somebody has voted not to sack her!

"Her basic salary is £141,000"

May I ask exactly what it is that she does that justifies paying her twice as much as an MP? Does she actually earn her keep? (expenses aside)

I am posting this without reading the full shebang, but here goes...

John, there is no "but". Regardless of salary level, an employee (or manager or shareholder or whoever she is) cannot justify fraudulent behaviour/ stealing. Not a pencil, a ream of paper, a tank of fuel or £45K.

To argue "we all do it" is, primarily wrong. But also, it does not justify the act. Other managers may also be doing the same.

The fact that she has offered to pay some of it back suggests she knew what she did was wrong. Why has she not offered the full amount? What is her reason for taking the money? These are rhetorical questions because I think if this situation is going to develop, you are better not discussing it here.

If I were in your position, I would be scrutinising all paper and electronic records, hard drives, emails etcetera for evidence of anomalies in the case of each person you suspect of fraud/ theft.

You will have to be sure you follow your organisation's procedures to the letter, so that in the event of any action by the accused, your case will be watertight.

As far as I remember, summary dismissal is within your powers.

This is when you dismiss someone instantly without notice because of gross misconduct ie, theft or fraud.
You can only suspend someone without pay if their contract says you can. If it doesn’t, you should suspend the employee on full pay and investigate.

If you feel summary dismissal is your only choice, you must still follow a fair procedure as you would do for any other disciplinary matter.

As to whether you can do any of this on your own or whether you need the agreement of any other people, I'm not sure.
It depends how your organisation works.

...You will have to be sure you follow your organisation's procedures to the letter, so that in the event of any action by the accused, your case will be watertight.
Hence why I said to report her to the Police.
I'm not an HR drone but I'd guess that "Currently on Police bail for fraud.." would carry some weight if the woman chooses to argue against her dismissal at a tribunal. Of course if she goes inside or is convicted on an offence that probably makes it easier to get shot of her.

:oops:

Ah, 'the news'
I don't tend to watch the mainstream outlets, I get all my news stories from my fellows on here, it's the only source that I can trust.

That's why in the next election, I'll be voting for that Nigel Garage.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Back