Four Days To Go Until MS Drop Support For Office 2003 And XP

Not in the slightest.

If its described well, true condition etc then people will travel as far as they want to in order to collect something.

Keeps it out of the skip and in use.

Sponsored Links
(mind you they reckoned planes were going to drop out of the sky at midnight on the 1st January 2000,,, and they just kept on flying) ;) ;) ;)

You might well have the reason for the Malaysian plane disappearing. ;)

It took 14 years for it to fall out of the sky???

The worlds slowest aircrash?

Actually, the missing plane was built in April 2002.

As per title. Just a reminder to anyone not informed.
I heard about this a little while ago but didn't know whether to believe it or not. Cheers for the confirmation! Personally, I think it's only right they get dropped by this point. I mean, it gives them more time and resources to concentrate on newer operating systems and applications, right?

As per title. Just a reminder to anyone not informed.
I heard about this a little while ago but didn't know whether to believe it or not. Cheers for the confirmation! Personally, I think it's only right they get dropped by this point. I mean, it gives them more time and resources to concentrate on newer operating systems and applications, right?

If they have had so much time to concentrate on newr operating systems why is there a scare doing the rounds that the majority of ATM's are going to crash because they can't cope with the new upgrades?

Apparently ATM's use XP as their OS yet they were not given enough warning that support was going to end. Consequence was, a lot of ATM's will either crash or be easily hacked. Not sure how true this is but sure someone on here can confirm or deny these stories.

Sponsored Links
If they have had so much time to concentrate on newr operating systems why is there a scare doing the rounds that the majority of ATM's are going to crash because they can't cope with the new upgrades?

Apparently ATM's use XP as their OS yet they were not given enough warning that support was going to end. Consequence was, a lot of ATM's will either crash or be easily hacked. Not sure how true this is but sure someone on here can confirm or deny these stories.

I didn't know that.

Good job they don't use Vista! :rolleyes:

I didn't know that.

Good job they don't use Vista! :rolleyes:

No, but they do take Visa. :LOL: :LOL:

So XP support has stopped.

Has the world ended yet?

No - still here - phew!

AV updates are still going to be available, best to change browser to firefox, chrome etc.

Whilst I find Microsoft products generally very good, they do drop a b****ck now and again: Vista, W8. In fact, my next computer is likely to run W8 unless they bring out an improvement in the meantime.

However, if I really cannot buy a PC with a better OS: W7 or even XP, there is always the option of installing Linux or Ubuntu (free, of course!). Then, if MS Office doesn't appeal, there is an excellent free office suite - Libre Office - that I have used, and which has the advantage of being able to access files produced in some programmes (eg, Lotus Word Pro) that MS Office cannot read.

Some may argue that Apple is a better alternative to Windows OS, but I wouldn't pay through the nose for that; just like their smartphones that cost much more than those of other competitors.

Apparently, the British government are paying Microsoft £5.5 million, to continue supporting Win XP for one year.:eek: (the Dutch government are also paying millions of Euros for similar support for the XP operating system)

Apparently, the British government are paying Microsoft £5.5 million, to continue supporting Win XP for one year.:eek: (the Dutch government are also paying millions of Euros for similar support for the XP operating system)

Quite a money-making business, then.

Sponsored Links
Back