"Guardian" Conservatory roofs?

Thank god for that, try not to comment on matters it seems you know nothing about then.

1-0 to me

Goodbye!

Sponsored Links
What planet are you on then? Since when was the thread about glass roofs? FFS. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stop wriggling Joe....you lost! ;)

When you said only 5% of conservatories have glass roofs i knew then you ain't got a clue, thats when this thread became about glass roofs.

2-0

Goodbye Joe!

You certainly chose the right user name. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I didn't choose it, admin chose it for me, i've asked numerous times if it could be changed but never get a reply.

My conservatory roof needs replacing, I was going to go with a polycarb again to save costs but have come across the Guardian roof system which really looks to good to be true :LOL:

Can anyone comment on it good or bad? It's nearly 3 times the price but seems worth it if the room is usable all year round?

Ay info appreciated, I really need to get something sorted ASAP.

Cheers :D
:D anyone seen the thermotec roofing systems web site

Any info says the OP - only 3 pages of " banter" :rolleyes: should I have expected more of diynot - thanks for the link . I have saved it to favourites ;) before it gets deleted

Any info says the OP - only 3 pages of " banter" :rolleyes: should I have expected more of diynot - thanks for the link . I have saved it to favourites ;) before it gets deleted

Seems to happen on every thread I start! I either end up arguing with some unhelpful person who cracks wise comments or other people just start!

I have had the roof done a couple of months ago, best thing I ever did! Made it in to a proper usable room :)

If anyone wants any info just let me know.

You haven't done many good things then. You were ripped off silly and you know it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can't be bothered. sorry. :rolleyes:

He's a real source of entertainment isn't he?

Goes on and on like a demented terrier about advertising then when you ask him to qualify one of his wild guesses, he suddenly goes quiet!

Give me more joe, you brighten up my days. ;)

:) As an update to this thread, I though I would just add some useful info about this roofing system. I won't describe the structural make up of the roof because it’s available on the internet.

However I will give the details of my own new roof.

I have a conservatory which is around 5 x 5 metres, which I guess is a good size, and its called a P shape. It had a polycarb. roof and the roof had been in place for about 8 years, and was showing signs of wear and had a small leak.

I'm not a fan of polycarb and the roof was already in place when we bought the house.

I looked at a number of options before deciding on the Guardian roof such as double and triple glazed.

The quotes ranged from 6 to 9 k for glass.

I opted for the Guardian roof simply for the year round use it offered.

The price was 10k which included all fitting and plastering of the new ceiling. I opted for the galvanised tiles rather than the plastic which were a higher cost. The cost also included additional work such as wiring and adjusting existing doors and windows so they closed better. Therefore without this extra work it would have been a bit cheaper.

So what difference has it made?

Well firstly its expensive, secondly it’s great and I am pleased we did it.

The room is now warm and dry and actually quite bright (once the ceiling had been painted white). I haven't noticed any reduction in light and this may be down to the polycarb being tinted.

The room is also a lot quieter and this is particularly noticeable because I have a cat that frequently jumps down from the higher roof on to the polycarb roof with such a bang it scares the crap out of me. We don't hear her now. (worth 10k just for that as I'm getting older and more prone to heart attacks).

Therefore if you can afford it get it done, I now have a permanent extra room on the house that’s warm and useable all year round.

Would you mind posting some pictures to show others their handywork?

Yeah i remember it joe :( , like it was my own business i was promoting not, i'm a frigging service engineer and thought i'd just let you know of some good service i received.

Anyway i digress, @Joe, all conny roofs have the possibility of leaks, there can be a multitude of reasons why and how, give me your email address and i'll happily supply you with 50+ photos of poor workmanship, dodgy materials, wear n tear and storm damage

Conny! is your roof leaking? :confused:

Nope. 38mm tinted Polycarb and been up over 5 years with not a drip.
But then it was installed properly. ;)

What they don't say is how you get the Building Control approval when you lose the conservatory exemption.

They mention some extra work may be needed to achieve the required SAP rating but no suggestion what - or how expensive.

Only £6 for the conservatory roof but maybe another £10-50k if the whole house has to have cavity fill and external cladding and a geothermal heatpump and a solar panel to get the carbon rating down.

Not to mention having to have the lights on in the lounge all day because the solid roof blocks out all the daylight.

The rules have changed re clear roofs.
Stop being alarmist. None of that will happen.

Not everywhere. I asked my local BC before I built my conservatory because I wanted to use the fake tile sheets that they use on some posh caravans, in this area you still have to have a transparent roof to get the exemption. I went for polycarb and just put a batton and plasterboard ceiling under it with plenty insulation. BC were quite happy with that.

Sponsored Links
Back