"Guardian" Conservatory roofs?

Hi

sorry for the tardy delay in responding, I've been abroad on business, yes I will post some photos in the next week.

Sponsored Links
The Guardian Warm Roof is currently the only roof that has LABC approval. It meets building regulations both structurally and thermally, including elimination of the risk of condensation.
Following the publication of guidance notes from LABC in August 2013 If you are replacing a translucent roof on a conservatory with any type of solid roof you must go through building regulations. Anyone undercladding an existing conservatory with plasterboard without going through building regulations will hit a problem, since there is no structural proof behind the design and you will get condensation behind the plasterboard with potential health risks from mold growth.
Using the partnering arrangement with Rotherham Building Control you can get building regulations at a fixed cost and without hassle, anywhere in the UK. If you want to remove the lockable door between the house and conservatory with a Guardian Warm Roof you can also get a whole property SAP calculation at a low cost from Rotherham Building Control.
It is more expensive than undercladding, but you get what you pay for.

Sorry to bring this thread back and be a pain but since brandnewroof has had his for a couple of weeks, would you mind telling me how it has performed so far.

Just had an approved dealer of such roofing system last night to give us a quote to rebuild conservatory from the lower wall up. conservatory is 3.5 x 5 m approximately and was quoted 10K.

We currently have blinds which have been great to keep some of the heat in throughout the winter months but not helped as much in the summer as we are south facing. Also when we first built the conservatory we had several companies to quote us for blinds and most of them quoted us more than the cost of the conservatory at the time over 10K about 10 years ago.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone that had the brand roof such as brandnewroof describes and give me an honest appraisal of the product.

Thank you!

Is this a genuine post or an advert? It seems to get regurgitated every so often by people that are not long term posters?

Sponsored Links
Sorry FernandoT I've only just picked this up. I don't visit this site too often.

Its been (since Oct 2013) 4 months since fitting the new guardian roof.

Firstly, the warmth is great and this is throughout the down stairs of the house. Before fitting the roof (which from the earlier post was polycarb) the down stairs was cold in the first year of moving in.

We had loft and cavity done first, followed by some larger radiators fitted down stairs, but the conservatory was both large and open as a room from the kitchen.

My kitchen is around 16 feet by 25 feet so is a bit big and the conservatory as mentioned is also quite large.

The heat down stairs was never being contained and the house would grow cold very quickly.

We fitted the Guardian roof (please note there are many others out there so pick the one for you) and noticed a considerable difference. Now the house retains 18 degrees down stairs whereas it would often drop to 8 degrees in the kitchen and conservatory.

It takes around 60 minutes to bring the rooms back to 20 degrees and we use the heating in the morning and at 4 to 5 pm for about an hours (so 2 hours a day) and the house keeps at temperature.

A couple of problems :

1. We haven’t tried this in summer yet so don't know how it will perform, I will write later in the year.
2. The ceiling plastering is not the best but this was down to the skills of the builders not the roof itself. For example our shape is a P shape and the left side has a dome which has been left more hexagonal than circular inside by the plaster work and the lines are not straight which shows. We didn't see this until we painted the ceiling white.

But that’s a workman ship problem.

3. We haven't notice the lost of light by having a solid roof, this is because its white but also we are South facing

All in all we are very pleased and although it takes a long time to recover 10 grand its money well spent for me.

I assume you haven't met our Joe.

Ignore him. I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Perhaps I am, Joe, but I'd still be interested to hear more.

Needless to say, I'm not about to start shelling out for some work to be done on my conservatory, but I'm quite willing to learn more before doing it myself.

This for anyone who is interested - clearly not joe-90 so perhaps he could avert his gaze while I update the previous post for those who have expressed an interest. Dextraneous - perhaps you could ignore it too seeing as you are quite clearly unable to detect a genuine post from a spam one!
Ask for it to be moved to a more appropriate section of the forum then.

Sponsored Links
Back