sharia law ?

I agree to a point.

Unfortunately, muslim women would end up with even fewer rights than they already have, and expect regular public stonings to death for adultery and apostasy - women only, of course.

The last time I read, sharia laws are the same for both men and women. Stoning to death applies to either a man or a woman who's married and commits adultery.
I think this harsh punishment would stop everyone from cheating on their spouses. If a man or a woman isn't happy in their married life and they want to be with someone then they both have the right to break the marriage and then get married to the person they want to be with.
IMO this is a great solution to what is happening around the world right now. A lot of women would be saved from men who just want to use women. A lot of marriages won't break because one partner has cheated and the other has found out about it.

I'm sure you're right.

If sharia law is equally fair to men and women, why aren't men obliged to walk several paces behind their wives wearing a covering for their face?

UNLESS its through a minefield,then its 'after you darling' you show me the way.

Yes, although I think I'd give it a bit more than three paces!

Sponsored Links
Needless to say, I understand it is still illegal for women to drive in that backward third-world country.

Maybe they're onto something lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...gerous-wheel-scientists-discover.html[/QUOTE]

"It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists discover" (Headline)

"Instead, they discovered that accidents involving two women drivers were 20.5 per cent, while male/male crashes were much lower at 31.9 per cent. Accidents involving male and female drivers stood at 47.6 per cent, as expected." (Extract)

The details don't seem to tally with the headline, do they? It sounds to me that men may be worse than women after all.

By the way, what a pretty pink steering wheel cover!

Sponsored Links
It says in the article men drive more than women.

Needless to say, I understand it is still illegal for women to drive in that backward third-world country.

Maybe they're onto something lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...gerous-wheel-scientists-discover.html[/QUOTE]

"It's official! Women drivers ARE more dangerous behind the wheel, scientists discover" (Headline)

"Instead, they discovered that accidents involving two women drivers were 20.5 per cent, while male/male crashes were much lower at 31.9 per cent. Accidents involving male and female drivers stood at 47.6 per cent, as expected." (Extract)

The details don't seem to tally with the headline, do they? It sounds to me that men may be worse than women after all.

By the way, what a pretty pink steering wheel cover!

They have more accidents per mile they drive. Bit like if I cook 5 dinners a month and burn 3 of them, but the missus cooks 25 and burns 5 of them, I'm the worse cook even though she burns more dinners a month than me.

They have more accidents per mile they drive. Bit like if I cook 5 dinners a month and burn 3 of them, but the missus cooks 25 and burns 5 of them, I'm the worse cook even though she burns more dinners a month than me.

I'd just like to mention that my wife has never burnt any food. She's an excellent cook. I wouldn't have settled for anything less!

Sharia Law. The law of Islam.

Before anyone forgets, this is NOT a muslim country. The Established Church is Christian, and Protestant. Our Parliamentary Democracy is, as far as I can tell, the oldest in the world.

If muslims, or any other religion, sect or minority want their own laws, then let them leave this once-proud country and go to any country which practises their particular "brand" of legislative process. Goodbye and farewell. You are not wanted here!

Sharia law has no place in the UK, just as British law has no place anywhere other than the UK.

If anyone wants to live by Sharia law, fine, just move to a country that implements this law and values.......no one is stopping you.

AronSearle";p="3148174 said:
I understand it is still illegal for women to drive in that backward third-world country.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/26/dubai...already-boasts-a-lamborghini-3667855/[/QUOTE]

Are they driving the cars, no?[/

This isn't Saudi Arabia. Our taxi driver this morning was a woman. I've yet to see a police officer, man or woman let alone one driving a super car. Plenty of gs4 and Serco security people about though.

Sponsored Links
Back