So who noticed the strikes yesterday?

Sponsored Links
Apparently, striking (ie not working) was called "a day of action".

Presumably then, when they are at work, that is "a day of inaction". :D

Quite right. These types have been raking it in for years , what have we got to show for it ? Waste your money don't or can't do the job ,go on strike and it made no diff . Says it all

Sponsored Links
Quite right. These types have been raking it in for years , what have we got to show for it ? Waste your money don't or can't do the job ,go on strike and it made no diff . Says it all

can you please explain what is ment by " These types have been raking it in for years "
are you referring to strikers teacher or others ??
people on strike get no pay
public service workers for years have had very poor pay in general but a decent pension

First, if you can afford to strike you must have money. Remember the miners strike ? Changed the rules did that, if they couldn't get a result who can[ wasn't about money either]. A successful strike needs time. If you think that public sector workers have done a good job over the years and are worthy of a pay increase whilst others get nowt is correct, you have to ask yourself the questionS. Do you like rubbish in the streets after bin men have been, do you think the health service, fire brigade, teachers or police etc do a good job. Do you think any council worker has done anything that was of value to the tax payer ? If you , I mean the electorate believe that they have, then it is no wonder that this country is in the crap it is. We seem to reward failure and waste with impunity

within any group you will find people who are very well off through all levels down to abject poverty this will include people who go on strike

people do not go on strike lightly as the amount lost in pay can take several months or years to get back
also strikes are usually caused by frustration and often caused by bad management styles or bullying tactics

First, if you can afford to strike you must have money. Remember the miners strike ? Changed the rules did that, if they couldn't get a result who can[ wasn't about money either]. A successful strike needs time. If you think that public sector workers have done a good job over the years and are worthy of a pay increase whilst others get nowt is correct, you have to ask yourself the questionS. Do you like rubbish in the streets after bin men have been, do you think the health service, fire brigade, teachers or police etc do a good job. Do you think any council worker has done anything that was of value to the tax payer ? If you , I mean the electorate believe that they have, then it is no wonder that this country is in the crap it is. We seem to reward failure and waste with impunity
Usual pointless and goading drivel :rolleyes:

In simple terms, strikes are usually caused when one group of people think that another group of people are taking the pi$$.

Our local planning department is a good example of overpaid- and under-performing local government workers.

Try and 'phone someone at 9.30am and the response is 'Oh, she's not arrived in yet' Try at 12.30 and it's 'She's just gone off to lunch - try again about 2 o-clock'
At 2.00pm of course, she's 'in a meeting' ; try again at 4.30pm and the reply is 'you've just missed her, she's gone home, try tomorrow - oh, wait a minute - she's on leave until the 23rd- can I help?'

These people add no value to anything, have short hours and generous holidays, can retire at 60 on good pensions etc. I have to work long hours and fund my own pension, and will have to work beyond 65. Why should I for one have any sympathy for the strikers?

Our local planning department is a good example of overpaid- and under-performing local government workers.

Try and 'phone someone at 9.30am and the response is 'Oh, she's not arrived in yet' Try at 12.30 and it's 'She's just gone off to lunch - try again about 2 o-clock'
At 2.00pm of course, she's 'in a meeting' ; try again at 4.30pm and the reply is 'you've just missed her, she's gone home, try tomorrow - oh, wait a minute - she's on leave until the 23rd- can I help?'

These people add no value to anything, have short hours and generous holidays, can retire at 60 on good pensions etc. I have to work long hours and fund my own pension, and will have to work beyond 65. Why should I for one have any sympathy for the strikers?
An interesting rant there Tony. I don't normally disagree with you but since you have no idea what her salary is nor what her contracted hours actually are, nor indeed her caseload and what her output actually is when she is working surely it is a bit unfair to criticise her?

Second is that I've seen a few relatively workshy sparks and plumbers in my time alongside the majority of decent hardworking ones. Would it be right to base an entire case against such tradesmen based on the tiny minority of anecdotal bad apples?

I certainly wouldn't notice if a council worker was on strike but I would if my house was on fire and there was no fire service.

I have seen things the fire brigade have done in the west mids that are contrary to common practices. Further, when I classed all those mentioned in one basket it was for a purpose, They all get funded by us via the gov. All I know is what I see in front of me and what I see is a waste of time, resources and money. Some drivers find every pothole in the road some like me avoid this, coz eventually it's going to break something. What do the council do, send a team to fill one hole yet 2 yards up the road leave another. £months later they come and do that and the one that they repaired first is an open wound again. Them at the council have a cheek asking for a rise, performance related and bonus, leave it out

Sponsored Links
Back