Hinges - straight or cranked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to buy some hook and band hinges so a full height garden gate. I'm not sure which ones to buy.

The gate will sit in between two wooded posts and will be flush to the posts when shut. Will I need straight or cranked to make this work?

In what situation would the other sort be used?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
are you talking flush with the face or back off the post
or against a stop on each post

the normal is the gate is flush with the hinge face or central to the post if the hinge and latch are are on the inner edge facing the gate

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok... here's more information:

The gate will be sitting between the two posts and the back of the gate will line up flush to the posts and the hinges fitted to the back side of it.

The gate will then close into the gap (between the posts) and the stops will stop it over running.

I've bout a latch and lockable bolts too (all galvanized) so that should be ok?

Let me know your thoughts or if you suggest other ways to fit it into the gap.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That sounds fine to me,the only other choice would be Reversible Hinges ,less chance of getting your gate pinched and it will sit flush on the hinge side, without cranked hinges.

Brilliant. Thanks for this.

When fitting, can I use normal screws? (basic silver screws)
There's a few square holes in the pad bolts? Are these for security and you nail something into it? Are there fixings you can buy for these?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back