Kitchen fitting - Built under oven next to a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have fitted a cabinet ready to receive our nice new cooker when I realised we ordered a built-under and not built-in double gas cooker, which does not have legs to stand on.

Having read that the brackets are fitted on either side for the oven to sit on, I am now not sure the best way to support the oven on the dishwasher side, on the RHS is a drawer cabinet, so that bit is easy.

I had two ideas the first is to box around the dishwasher, with a panel on the floor which the DW sits on, this would keep a side panel securely in place, but I wonder if I could easliy fit the DW door at the correct height if the DW is raised up a little.

The second option which the wife objects to for some reason, is fixing brackets onto the nice new porcelain floor tiles to hold the side support panel in place.

To keep the missus happy I would rather do the first, so I guess I'm asking if it is a valid way to proceed, or if there are any other options.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Fit legs?
Fit legs to a wood base plate and make a short table to stand the cooker on? You could use the same legs as the rest of your kitchen units and the same plinth.

Thanks for that, but I'm concerned that heat from the base of the cooker might not radiate away sufficiently. I'll have a look at the installation manual and see if it says anything about the base needing to remain uncovered.

I found another thread on this forum, which has helped me with the question I asked above, it looks like I can just put the DW on a floor panel and fix the side panel to it, then attach the brackets :)

Stevethetiler said:

For those who read this and have a similar problem ..............

I spoke to the manufacturer (Baumatic) and they advised me to keep the dishwasher legs on their lowest setting (overall height 820mm) and build a level plinth to make up the required distance.

In my case it means a plint of about 40-45mm so im thinking a nice peice of the old kitchen worktop will do just fine instead of lobbing it onto the skip!

Thanks for your help on this one people!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=187878#ixzz2wQY59p99

Oven has to be secured both sides to side panel and sits on timber either side [not a shelf as it would hinder ventilation]. Unless secured can fall out when door is opened.

Oven has to be secured both sides to side panel and sits on timber either side [not a shelf as it would hinder ventilation]. Unless secured can fall out when door is opened.

Thanks, so the two timbers would each run from the wall to the front of the cooker, i.e. supporting the brackets each side, what sort of width timber do you reckon?

Thanks, so the two timbers would each run from the wall to the front of the cooker, i.e. supporting the brackets each side, what sort of width timber do you reckon?
When supplied with unit normally 20-25mm, just wide enough to support the bottom edge of oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back