moving an oven... what do i put in the space??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
will be installing eye level oven soon, was hoping to replace existing ground level with a couple of stainless steel pan drawers, but cant see much about it on the internet, any ideas PLEASE!!

Sponsored Links
isn't the question in the title of the thread? :eek:

Can you not google professional kitchen furniture suppliers? or similar?

Sponsored Links

Exactly, he answered his own question.
no brainiac, it is obvious to me that i was wondering if this is possible as there seems very little to support it on the net, and mistakenly thought this website might have someone on it who has encountered this problem before who could provide some positive feedback, not a half witted response from a 'not very smart alec'

moving an oven... what do i put in the space??
was hoping to replace existing ground level with a couple of stainless steel pan drawers
So as asked already - what do you want to know?

If you want to put a drawer unit in there - buy one and fit it
If you want a cupboard there - buy one and fit it.
If you want some other kind of unit there - you get the idea.
Drawer units, cupboards and so on are all available from kitchen suppliers everywhere.

Exactly, he answered his own question.
no brainiac, it is obvious to me that i was wondering if this is possible as there seems very little to support it on the net, and mistakenly thought this website might have someone on it who has encountered this problem before who could provide some positive feedback, not a half witted response from a 'not very smart alec'
Obvious to you, but no one else, we don't do mind reading here.
'who has encountered this problem ' what problem?

so it is possible then?
i am aware oven space is 'standard'. presumably then i will just go into the nearest kitchen unit suppliers and buy two perfect height and width steel fronted drawers with runners and that will be job done...........watch this space!

booner i think a bit of pedantry, and posturing... occasional out here away from GD, but it doesn't last long.

Back to your post... i'm a DIYer, so the things i would think about are.... drawers or a cupboard. Can i buy the right unit to fit (even though it'll be standard sizes). Can i make something myself? or do i need to get a joiner or kitchen fitter in?

And then the most important thing i think is how to finish the worktop? is your new cooker above the worksurface? or does it rest on top of it?

I presume drawer or door fronts to match your existing kitchen are not available for you to use something like THIS?

If this is the case, you can buy DRAWER BOXES and runners to fit the 600mm (standard oven housing) and fit stainless steel fronts to them, something like THESE. Otherwise, you should be able to buy a new 600mm pan drawer unit and fronts.

Obviously the exact style you are after will be to suit your preference but these links show that the hardware is available to fit your unit. A lot of the drawer boxes come with templates/measurement guides to fit the runners but some won't and will take a bit of figuring out.

A kitchen company should be able to offer/order the correct boxes and fronts quite easily if you give them the exact internal measurements of the unit you want to fit them into.

thanks for the help, as for these items being readily availble, as some of you have suggested, my local kitchen and bathroom centre has contacted six different suppliers with very little success.

mister helpful, thankyou! i had actually seen a couple of websites like this, but to the uninitiated the pictures dont really give much away!! i was thinking more of seeing drawers in situ, to get an idea of them, but that seems 'not the norm'.
thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back