removing headless nails old window boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help!, have tried to remove old window boards but am only suceeding in knocking out adjacent plaster as i am struggling to remove the headless nails, have tried to use a cats paw by chiselling away at adjacent timber but the movement (to the timber gounds beneath is causing the plaster to crack away.....can i drill th nails out or something else ?

Sponsored Links
You could use a small diameter hole saw so the nail is between the centre bit and the outer blade.Drill out a core around nail lift the board and remove nails.

thanks for the idea...had n't thought of that...but just realised that i need to slide the board out horizintally as its slotted beneath the plaster of the window reveals

You could try a mole grip to clamp on the nail to pull it out. Try a screwdriver under the jaws to lever the nail out.

Sponsored Links
Use a thin punch and drive the nail right though the board or alternatively use a hacksaw blade to saw though the nail on the underside of the board.

thanks all for the suggestions, unfortuntely i don't have access to the underside.....i'll have a look if we have a mole grip in the shed and give that a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back