HELP, wall cracks, are they serious?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am in the process of buying a flat. The building is about 11 year old, flat is on 2nd floor.

But I noticed there is one long (abt 1meter) crack on a wall in the living room. Also, on the edge of some window, there are cracks too. See the pictures.

Agent said it's just a plaster crack, no serious, easy to fix.

I am hoping any experienced users here can help to take a look the pictures and give me some feedback. I really want to find out if it is a structural problem, or just plaster crack.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The cracks all appear to be on joints or corner as on one you can see the scrim tape showing. They should just fill and repair easily but you would be best to have a Structural Survey before you proceed to confirm that nothing more serious is causing it.

looks like your flat was drylined and it wasent a good job even if you was to patch up chances are it will all come back, thats the trouble with these new builds done as cheap and as quick as possible for a quick buck if you was to go through with the purchase, chances are you will be forever patching cracks that are appearing, if i was you i would walk away while you still can and go for a quality built flat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back