Opinion on exterior cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I am buying an unfinshed house that been unlived in since it was built in 2008. THe house is very dry inside it and an engineer survey was very encouraging in that he didnt see any issues or "excessive cracking"

There are cracks on the plaster on the front of the house, engineer reckons that the house wont have to go through any further winters being unkempt etc and i should just let the cracks dry out and paint in the summer should fill them up

Now i would just like other peoples opinions please as i know nothing about building

Should i get the builder to fill these when he is finishing the house for me ? Or should i just paint in the summer and see how it looks then

I have attached photos to an album called pics and would really appreciate any comments

Sponsored Links
I am no expert but if there are cracks there are ways for water to penetrate and then freeze!
On the one hand I would get them filled but on the other getting a colour/texture match will be difficult.
You have paid for an engineers report so maybe best to take his advice, as long as you have it in writing.

Good Luck.

Not really cracks is it, more like crazing which can happen if the render dries out too quick.

As long as the render is not hollow it should paint up ok.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back