Plastering over artex wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The artex is sound but just don't like it (who does?). It's a shallow pattern (2mm depth at most) so am I right in thinking I can go straight to multi-finish without a coat of bonding plaster?

I.e. PVA (50/50) the day before, followed by PVA (1:4), then 2 coats of multi applied as the PVA is going tacky.

Thanks,

Nick

Sponsored Links
Just as you say Nick. I normally put some food colouring (red), into the PVA when i'm going over a light background, to make sure no areas are missed. The colour "doesn't" show through the finished job.

Thanks very much. This will be my first attempt at going over artex - I've been warned it's much harder than a standard skim but I'll never learn unless I try, so fingers crossed...

Cheers,

Nick

Sponsored Links
Just as you say Nick. I normally put some food colouring (red), into the PVA when i'm going over a light background, to make sure no areas are missed. The colour "doesn't" show through the finished job.

Haa...that's an excellent tip, never thought of that. I reckon i'm guilty of going over the same bit with pva until i can physically see the darkened wettened area just to make sure.
Coloured would make it soooo much easier. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back