Baxi 105he instant external expansion vessel help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,

I have a Baxi 105he instant, I want to fit an external EV on the return flow. I intend to use the 22MM flushing connection to connect it.

Questions.

Do i have to use the RV that comes with the external EV or can I still rely on the boiler RV?
Can I use a braided flexi to connect it to the system?
Do I need to do anything with the original EV (apart from make sure it doesn't leak externally)?

Thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
don't know if you have bought your stuff yet but all you need is the expansion vessel and bracket, a 3/4 female x 22mm compression fitting and a 22 compression equal t. cut t into return pipe below boiler, bit of copper to connect vessel and thats it. The boilers prv is fine to use as is the pressure gauge. the existing exp v can just be left in place.
Is this replacement due to a fault or do yo need more capacity?
Personally I wouldn't use a flexi to connect. Just wouldn't trust them.

thanks for that, yes the EV is slowly depressurizing, I have changed the Schroeder and moved it on a valve extender out of the heat zone. The sec heat ex was holed, now changed. Just cant keep it pressurized. I think it perished although it doesn't let water past but does spit.
Thanks anyway, you have put my mind at rest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back