Biasi Garda m90f 32s ignites then stops for Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

When the CH is on the boiler ignites then shuts down. No warning lights appear and the green light to the left remains at its normal flashing state. If I turn the thermostat down then up again, once it clicks, the boiler again fires up only to shut down after a few seconds.

Without any intervention the boiler systematically starts then stops throughout its on period, the gaps between this being around every 15-20 mins.

The radiators semi heat up, but never fully nor do they get extremely hot.

In the summer I changed the thermister and have recently tested it again but it seems to be fine.

Any help welcomed.

Thanks Don

Sponsored Links
Hi

Update!

I have discovered the problem and corrected it and now the boiler is working fine.

The Control Knob Shaft for the CH Temperature Control Knob had snapped so the dial was totally ineffective. I replaced the shaft and increased the temperature and now the boiler is working fine.

Regards

Don

It sounds as if it may have been stuck at the beginning of the CH track at the minimum.

But it also implies the flow rate round your system may be rather low. When running normally the boiler flow and return temperatures should be about 10-11 C difference.

A simple test for a snapped shaft is to turn to the "O" and see if it flashes once every four seconds.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back