Boiler pressure gauge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post so sorry if I've done anything I shouldn't have done!

I have a 4 year old Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 12/18 combi boiler (oil fuelled) https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/cache/file/59/user-manual-for-greenstar-heatslave.pdf and I noticed a problem with the pressure gauge about an hour ago. I can't find anything on the internet about how I can go about fixing this so I thought I'd try your forum. I also downloaded the manual from the manufacturer's site and it keeps repeating to call an engineer. I know I've fixed this in the past with another (gas) boiler by repressurising it.

Basically, the external manually set red gauge always pointed to 1.1bar but it has dropped (as has the internal grey needle) to the lowest settings. I can still get hot water but I haven't tried the heating.

The only external influence on this may be that the airer (which we store next to the boiler) may have knocked a valve when it was being taken out or put away.

I'd be grateful for any advice...

Sponsored Links
It's just to do with why the pressure has dropped and what I needed to do about it.

I've put the red one back on 1.1 bars and I'm going to wait and see what happens over the next few days. From what I've been reading it could be a number of things. I'm hoping it was a one-off fault.

Your boiler can be open vented, this means nothing showing on the pressure gauge, you need to find out what kind of system you have before looking for problems that may not exist.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back