c95ff Ideal Combi Boiler CAPUT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There All,
Just went to turn the boiler on and nothing, zero, zilcho!! :eek:
Husband bled the radiators t'other day and didn't think to repressurise the system...oops. Only realised today when the boiler did not spark into life when requested.
I've used the filling loop to top the pressure back up as it was extremely low, but still nothing. Turned the leccy off and on again and pleaded with it..but still nothing. There's no noises or lights or flames. :(
Anyone have any idea at all what could be wrong? I've read somewhere that there should be a thermostatic trip button on the right hand side but we can't see anything that looks like a button at all.
Any help very very gratefully received.
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
the overheat reset button is on the right of the hot water temp control knob try pushing it in

Hi CBF,
There's 3 dials on the front panel.
Dial 1 - off, W or CH+W
Dial 2 - CH temperature
Dial 3 - Water temperature

There's a blanking cap next to these but that's it?

Is the reset button inside the panel?

Thank you..very much. :)

Sponsored Links
Hi Matt...thanks for the info.
When I take off the cover there's a threaded bolt and a tiny central part which I've tried to poke with a BBQ skewer (not very tool orientated! lol).
It doesn't seem to push the button in though - it seems very stiff like it's not actually designed to go in at all? That sounded a bit wrong! lol :LOL: :eek:

When I turn the hot tap on I hear a very faint click and when I turn tap off the same click? But absolutely nothing else. There's no fan, no discernable anything happening at all. My fingers are getting very cold lol - gonna be a glove day today I think. :unsure:

I'm really really hoping that the boiler hasn't completely turned up it's toes - totally skint and looks like we'll be burning the furniture if it has! lol

Just had a message from someone to say that it could be one of the fuses on the boiler? Does anyone know where the fuses are and could I replace this myself at all? Am willing to have a crack at it myself if it means being warm today..!
:)

there should be fuses on or around the pcb but these are not normal sized fuses, have you checked the fuse where the boiler is wired to (switched spur) it should be a 3 amp one, if you have no lights or anything it could be that fuse.

If a fuse has blown then that is because of an overload!

The cause needs to be found so it can be repaired.

Some overloads are intermittent and a very few are actually "fixed " by the first surge of current when the fuse blew. Those can be a "whisker" of solder on the PCB in in a pump connector etc.

Thank you for your replies. :D
I've located what I think is the fused spur box. Now this box I'm not 100% sure is for the boiler but it's in the airing cupboard next to the boiler so am assuming it is. I've managed to pull the front far enough away from the back box to look at it (kind of! lol). I can't see a fuse? Would this be inside the casing where the wires disappear into?
Haven't turned the leccy off as yet but will do so if further tampering is called for. :eek:

Hmmm...just took a photo of the actual box and trying to post - not sure if it will show up but here goes.

Yay! That's what is next to the boiler. There's a large wire going in at the bottom, going into the unit and coming out at the top - like a spur - but there doesn't appear to be a fuse.

Thats a high current switch and may be from an old immersion heater or for an electric shower!

I really dont think you are going to get anywhere. Why not call a boiler repairer?

Tony

Thats a high current switch and may be from an old immersion heater or for an electric shower!

I really dont think you are going to get anywhere. Why not call a boiler repairer?

Tony

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back