Can I fit an extention to my flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha CB 24 Combi Boiler. The flue emerges through the top of the boiler and then bends immediataly at 90 degrees to go horizontally through the exterior wall to the left of the boiler. The flue then emerges horizontally from the wall 210 cm from the ground (base of flue), protruding by 8 inches, with a cast aluminium slotted cone for dispersal of gasses, adding a further 4 inches. Because of a plastic rainwater gutter above the flue, a sheet of aluminium has been placed 6 inches above the flue as a thermal guard between the flue and the guttering.
I wish to make a lean to garage with a polycarbonate roof on this side of the house and I was wondering if I could add another 90 degree bend to the flue, taking it vertical and above the guttering? Would I require an engineer to make the alterations and or to test for leaks, or would it be possible to diy buying in the appropriate flue pipes?

Sponsored Links
You cannot do that anyway!

Elbows can only be used internally.

A special vertical flue is needed and has to rise up through the building.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back