Connect external controller to Worcester Bosch 37CDi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler was installed by a professional, but since we were in the middle of major renovations, there wasn't a thermostat to connect up. I've now fitted a Heatmiser thermostat/timer, but just need to connect Ns Ls and Lr to the boiler itself.

I might be being a bit daft, but do I have to take the whole cover off the boiler to get to the terminals? I've only had a quick look, but it looked like it. I thought the panel at the front might just clip off and, well, they'd just be behind there... Was I overly optimistic? :)

Cheers for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Yes the whole cover has to come off on these models. The hinged plastic cover is attached to the main one, so it all comes off in one go. Everything else stays where it is (thankfully).

Also check the fused spur, as often the stat is wired in behind there. I would recommend getting a pro in to do it for you, shouldn't cost too much.

Yes the whole cover has to come off on these models. The hinged plastic cover is attached to the main one, so it all comes off in one go. Everything else stays where it is (thankfully).

Fantastic. Thanks for the reply.

Also check the fused spur, as often the stat is wired in behind there. I would recommend getting a pro in to do it for you, shouldn't cost too much.

I'll have a look myself, first, as I'm in the middle of a complete re-wire at the moment so I hope I'm able to work this out. Advice noted though.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back