Drainer overflow mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new sink, it is an astrocast echo 1.5 bowl. On the drainer it has a small independent overflow system (they call it aquaturea) whereas there are a few small slots in the corner of the drainer and underneath there is a pipe that leads to a dishwasher type connector (the conical shaped connector thingy)..to give it it's technical term, that protrudes from the waste fitting underneath the sink plug hole...one of the clumpy ones that incorporates a pop up.

The issue is that the water won't drain from the drainer, the sink water drains away just fine. The obvious things like the fall on the pipe running away from the drainer drain seem adequate, and if I uncouple the pipe from either end the captive water runs away.
I called astracast and spoke to the lass who picked up the phone who assures me that she can't see how it couldn't be working.

So, it's over to you guy's, help me if you can.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried disconnecting the waste adaptor on the trap to check it hasn't still got the blanking plug in ?

Blanking cap left in the spigot by any chance???
Or the end of the spigot not been cut off ???

SNAP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your responses, no, it's not that. In fact, after I checked that out, I wondered if I was supposed to remove the spiggot and drill a hole or something through the existing hole in the waste, to let the water in. Sounds daft I know but I was running out of ideas, and when I removed the spiggot and put my finger into the hole on the waste I could feel what felt like another skin inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back