Draining worcester bosch highflow 400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to freshen up the heating system in the house, as moved in last year and unsure when it was done last.
Now its a combi, ive never drained a combi before just the normal feed and expansion, i isolated the water feed to the boiler and found two drain plugs under my side door floor mat in the house which must be for the heating and maybe the water pipework for the house, now i open them and nothing , turn the water on and one flows so that must be the water pipework, is there anything at the boiler end you have to open or fiddle with as i've never had a combi before.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You may have some drain points under the radiators, or alternatively the drain point for the 400 is under the boiler itself near the red expasnion vessel, it is a bit of a bugger to get to.

no drain cocks on any radiators and not an option to under with carpets, laminate etc, system is also microbore if that makes a difference i dont know.

If you isolate the heating circuits at the boiler then you can still get HW when your rads are drained.

Unless there is a problem I dont see why you would want to drain anything though!

Tony

Sponsored Links
would just like to clean and flush the heating system as im not sure when it was done, as the hot water is fed from the combi do i have to isolate the hot water from the boiler when i get it drained and start adding chemicals or am i going off on a tangent here?

best to take a water sample first and then decide if anything needs to be done!

Tony

highflow 400 you drain the primary water from the drain tap on the pressure relief valve and the hot water from the drain cock under the pump.

highflow 400 you drain the primary water from the drain tap on the pressure relief valve and the hot water from the drain cock under the pump.

the drain tap you mention is a manual air vent, the drain off is right hand side at the bottom of the slave tank behind the removeable plate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back