Dripping, leaking shower - Triton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I have a dripping shower - a Triton Opal II.

It's been installed two or three years and has been fine all this time, until a few days ago. I had to drain my water system so that I could fix a couple of leaks in the kitchen.

It was after the system was refilled that my shower began dripping. I thought it may be from the pressure relief device, but this is fine (to the left in the picture).

The drip is coming from the part circled.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Many thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links
it's part of the inlet, may just need nipping up or a seal putting on the cap.
Could be worth isolating the power and water to shower, if will not nip up, then checking seal also check for debris in that area that may be causing seal to fail.

Many thanks for your reply. It's pretty well nipped up already, so I guess I need to try a new seal. Any idea what type I need? Would it be one of those rubber washers?

It's likely to be 1/2" washer, if you also wipe some plumbers mate around thread or wrap some ptfe tape over thread this may help.

Sponsored Links
That's the inlet filter location.

Turn off the water and undo that cap, the cap will lift off and filter should lift out, Clean out filter and see what type of seal it uses in the cap, sometime you can get away with taking the seal out and turning it around.
Using a flexi isn't the end of the world but it isn't ideal either, should really be a piece of copper or plastic

That's the inlet filter location.

Turn off the water and undo that cap, the cap will lift off and filter should lift out, Clean out filter and see what type of seal it uses in the cap, sometime you can get away with taking the seal out and turning it around

Thank you. There's no seal in there at the moment. Filter is really clean.

It is indeed. Is that bad?!
It is not good practice, where is the joint between the flex and feed pipe made, hope it is accessible

In terms of the washer, do I need a rubber one, or fibre?
I prefer rubber ones but isolate water and check what the existing one is and if the condition is okay, may just need a little help with compound/ptfe.

hmmm, weird, there's usually a rubber seal in there, either that or the filter has a lip on it that acts as the seal.
As it's plastic PTFE tape or thread seal isn't ideal so a rubber washer popped in there would do the trick. A fibre washer would swell.
A DIY workaround (bodge :) ) would be to fill the cap with a little silicon, just enough to coat the top of the cap to about 1mm depth, let it go off and then just nip it up after finger tight.

It is indeed. Is that bad?!
It is not good practice, where is the joint between the flex and feed pipe made, hope it is accessible

In terms of the washer, do I need a rubber one, or fibre?
I prefer rubber ones but isolate water and check what the existing one is and if the condition is okay, may just need a little help with compound/ptfe.

Hi, the joint is under the tiles, so not exactly accessible. They're only plain white tiles, though, so wouldn't mind breaking them to access it if something did go wrong. So far, though, all's good and the flexi is strong.

As I say, there is no washer at the moment.

Thanks for all your help, everyone. I really am very grateful.

Hi folks, still having problems with this, I'm afraid. Please see new picture.

I thought the water was coming from "D", so did as suggested and used some silicone sealant.

It now turns out that the drips begin at point "A", and then goes down to B, C and finally D (it's not leaking at the water inlet - point C).

So, can any recommend what I should do? Can the assembly be taken to pieces? If so, how? And what "bit" will need replacing?

Hope you can help!

Many thanks,

Andy

Hi, can anyone help please? The drip's still dripping! Thank you.

That's the solenoid/stabiliser valve assembly.
It's more likely failed round the spindle that holds the solenoid coil on, it is only glued in and more common to fail when changing a coil.

New one retails about £45

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back