Edited

Sponsored Links
Kitchens are no longer a special location, so as this work isn't a new circuit then it isn't covered under part P.

Having said that, there are other considerations. I'm not an electrician but I'm fairly sure the circuit will now need to be protected by an RCD (which it may already be). It probably should also have been tested and some sort of minor works certificate issued.

For a proper answer you should alert a mod to move this to the electrical section.

In my own personal opinion though, if the installer fitted a fused spur, the circuit is protected by an RCD and he seemed to know what he was doing then I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

So what do you recommend I do at this point?

Nothing! Chill out and give your installer a break! I have met many fully qualified electricians (not just part p) who don't have a clue how to wire up a boiler or central heating system. If your installer is gas safe registered then you should be in safe hands ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back