Geberit flush pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a Geberit toilet system, the flush pipe that pushes into the bottom of the cystern is leaking, I've taken it out, cleaned up the edges as it was slightly rough, the clicked it back but it still slightly leaks.
What is the best way of curing this leak please, it's not like you can wrap some ptfe or tighten up a nut, as its just a push/click fit.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
LSX around the pipe before you push it into the fitting then wipe around pipe with a cloth.

Andy

LSX around the pipe before you push it into the fitting then wipe around pipe with a cloth.

Andy
Thanks for that, I've just googled what it is.
Is it the same/similar to Plumbers Mate of which I'm sure I've got a tub somewhere around the house. If not I'll pop in the plumbers merchants to get a tube.
Cheers

The flush pipe is a push fit into the bottom of the cistern.

In my hard water area, the limescale caused an external leak into the bathroom false wall, from where the flush pipe, the rubber seal and the cistern all join. This occurred eight years after installation, but I have heard of it happening after five years.

Leak was only visible during flushing action, otherwise it remained dry with no dripping. Symptom was an intense smell of damp.

Solution was to replace the cistern (package includes new flush pipe and rubber seal - these don't have to be purchased separately). During installation, all components were checked to ensure dust-free joint, and sealing spray was used.

Sponsored Links
I work on a lot of hotels which have Geberit cisterns & they will develop a leak on the flush pipe for no apparent reason, don't mess about trying to bodge it as it will only be a short term solution go for a new cistern & save yourself some grief.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back