Glow worm Ultracom sxi has stopped heating the water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
central heating fine but no more hot water - display only shows the tap symbol, plus and minus buttons do nothing and the mode button only produces 'no' on the screen. very grateful for any suggestions as desperate for a bath! thank you

Sponsored Links
SXI is a system boiler so it must be an motorised valve somewhere on the hot side faulty. I take it's the Ultracom 2 with the tap symbol and you have either a seperate programmer or the small one fitted to the boiler.

With only that information then it would only be guesswork.

You could measure the sensor resistances but unless that indicated any problem I expect you are going to need to call an engineer.

I am assuming that with a tap symbol you really have a combi.

Tony

yes it's a combi and it has a separate controller. If I put the water to constant on the controller nothing happens to the control panel on the boiler. and unfortunately I'm still waiting for the electrician to fit the manual switch on the tank.

Sponsored Links
Ultracom 2 has tap and rad symbol on a system boiler which has a hot water tank. It is also a condensing boiler that is where the confusion may lie.

Ultracom 2 has tap and rad symbol on a system boiler which has a hot water tank. It is also a condensing boiler that is where the confusion may lie.

it wasn't confused when it was working perfectly well last week though - can anyone suggest how to fix it please?

first of all all can you confirm SXI or CXI
SXI is system (heat'ish only) and has a seperate tank!!!
CXI IS the combi,

your above quote is contradictory "yes it is a combi......still waiting on the electrician to connect the tank supply!

My geuess is you have the SXI with a seperate cylinder and the boiler is not at fault here!!!!

first of all all can you confirm SXI or CXI
SXI is system (heat'ish only) and has a seperate tank!!!
CXI IS the combi,

your above quote is contradictory "yes it is a combi......still waiting on the electrician to connect the tank supply!

My geuess is you have the SXI with a seperate cylinder and the boiler is not at fault here!!!!

sorry - yes its sxi system boiler with separate tank - too used to having combi's!

In that case look for faulty motor valves!

The FAQ on this site may help!

So might the manual opening levers!

Tony Glazier

as above with tony especially if the heating still works then you cannot blame the boiler!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back