Is this how to change Sacrificial Anode in my cylinder?

So you can't actually find anything that says the op can't replace his own anode then. Typical scaremongering from lying plumbers trying to drum up extra work for themselves.

You even have to try and criticise my grammar as you have nothing else to say. 'whom' is not a word used in Yorkshire. We're simple folk.

You know, it's times like this you miss dear old Dr Drivel, his objection to unvented cylinders was the stuff of legions!!
http://youtu.be/rDzC8RfJzJk

One of the many videos showing the results of DaftyDIYers or Electricians messing around with something they know nothing about.

Oh, here's another one, such fun!!
http://youtu.be/68p4ngS-yME

Sponsored Links
No, that's not the result of a DIYer swapping an anode. The t&p valve has been deliberately removed by someone who does know exactly what they're doing.

Yet more scaremongering. I'm sure it is a great way for you to con people into having unnecessary work done, but it doesn't wash here.

Even the HSE website makes no mention of qualifications. You still haven't found me anything which says the op needs a a plumber with a G3 ticket just to replace an anode.

Sponsored Links
It says should be g3 not must be. Even the people selling the course don't say you must have the qualification.

It says should be g3 not must be. Even the people selling the course don't say you must have the qualification.

So if the first reply to the post would have been "you should use a qualified plumber"

instead of

"you need a qualified plumber." Would you not have spat your dummy out?

No, he's a knob, that pipes up every now and then, gives bad advice on the pretence of knowing everything, when in truth is just a Googleer of modest abilities that soon skulks off back to his regular section of the forum when he has run out of googling avenues.

Seems like you are catching his habits.

How do you PROVE competence?

I don't need to.

'And are you competent enough to carry out this type of repair work, are you a time-served Plumber & do you have any qualification or attend any specific training courses before your poor workmanship caused the death of this family'??

'No M'Lud, but I've been pulling on my wire for years & I do have a Part P in electrical work'!!!

Ordered that part off ebay and did it myself, very simple, everything working well now for a few weeks. Just grabbed the flat part of the existing anode end with a grip and turned it out anti clockwise, the replacement anode had a moulded hex end so very easy to put in with a bit of ptfe tape, then just had to connect it and fill the tank again, one of the easier diy jobs I've done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back