Leaking cistern bolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vitra close coupled WC and water is leaking from one of the bolts connecting the cistern to the bowl.
I can get replacement bolts and washers off Ebay but do I have to take off the cistern to fit them ?
They all seem to come with a metal nut which is tightened to the cistern directly. I assume that this is the case with the existing bolts but I can't see the nut. If I do have to take the cistern off how does it connect in the middle - is it just a push on fit or what ?

Thanks Jezza

Sponsored Links
You will have to take the cistern off and once the service pipe, and over flow pipe are disconnected, you can then undo the two bolts and lift cistern off, the center flush is sealed to the pan with a rubber doughnut and it is very advisable to replace the rubber doughnut with a new one. then you can re assemble. be careful fitting the cold water feed to the plastic thread on ball valve assy if it is plastic since it is easy to cross thread the plastic thread with a metal female thread. Good Luckjavascript:emoticon(':D')

While the cistern is off, fit a new float valve.

Fluidmaster PRO45B Bottom Entry Ball Valve.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back