"leaking" Ferroli Modena condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone experienced "leaking" on the new Ferroli Modena condensing boilers? We installed one this afternoon and liquid began seeping out from the bottom of the case via the gas tube. On opening the boiler we found that the tube which (probably) collects flu condensate is just stuffed into a plastic trap and the overflow level (seems) to be above the joint hight. In the attached photos you can see the trap and a drip near the joint.

The condensate tube is not blocked, if you blow into the tube the condensates seep out of the joint.. no condensate ever makes it out of the tube..

Sponsored Links
In the UK we dont see these boilers an very good!

Perhaps in Spain they are better?

if condensate is dripping out of there i would be more worried about poc's leaking out of there, crap boiler so really what do you expect

Sponsored Links
In the UK we dont see these boilers an very good!

Perhaps in Spain they are better?

From the posts I see that Ferroli is not highly regarded in the UK. They have a good reputation here, generally work well and are easy to repair. That said, this new one has fewer parts (5 I believe) so might be less to repair and more to swapout (at a higher cost?)

if condensate is dripping out of there i would be more worried about poc's leaking out of there, crap boiler so really what do you expect

We always put in carbon monoxide / gas detectors regardless of the boiler unless the client refuses (non to date). We have never had a problem with POC with Ferroli, at least with the old boilers..

'Old' and 'Ferroli', now there's two words you rarely hear in the same sentence; they don't normally last long enough to get old...

Your CO detector isn't going to help even a tiny bit in this instance as the leak is inside the sealed bit of the boiler, so it'll never pick it up. You may well get flue gas recirculation causing the boiler to burn incorrectly, however

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back