Loss of pressure after bleeding a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this has been asked before but in more detail so sorry if I am raking over old coals

Simply, my husband bled the bathroom wall rad (one of those tall metal ones you hang towels on) at the weekend and today I noticed our pressure gauge had dropped to about 1.2. I like to keep it on 1.5.

Would this have been caused by the bleeding of the rad and therefore quite normal? I live in dread of a leak in the system! I've topped it up anyway as plumber showed me how.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If there was a reasonable amount of air in the rad, then it could be down to that. It's also quite normal for systems to lose some pressure over a long period for one reason or another.

Keep an eye on it, but I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

Yes, quite a lot of air and grubby drops of water came out! Hubbie was quite surprised. Should also say I topped up pressure only a couple of weeks back but before the bleeding ceremony!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back