Placement of Central Heating Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just a bit of advice please.... I have a wireless thermostat for our oil central heating and want to fix it in a room, mainly due to wife taking it into our conservatory in winter and leaving it there so the heating is blasting away. (When she starts trying heating the back garden with it divorse proceedings will start).

Anyway, which room is best? Now bare in mind I have a small child that doesn't understand the concept of shutting doors. Originially it was in the hall way (thermostat not small child), but my hall if very long, wide, floor tiled, access to stairway and also goes straight to front door and the french doors to our conservatory.

I'd want to have the house at a nice temperature but with the cost of heating oil I don't wanna over do it and also create extra stress upon by boiler by flogging it all the time. That's why I thought maybe my hallway may take quite a bit of heating to get it to ideal temperature, and would also lose it's heat quickly. All rooms have radiator thermostat valves if this helps with the senario.

Cheers all. Stu

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem with a cordless room stat, I have ended uo placing it into the dining room but leaving the TRV active else it turns off too quickly. Usually I just rely on the TRVs and have the towel rad in the cloakroom on permanantly.

room stat should be fitted in a location with a rad that doesn't have a trv

Sponsored Links
room stat should be fitted in a location with a rad that doesn't have a trv, 1.5m above the floor & not on an outside wall.

Thanks all. I'm going for what I also thought, put it in the living room and replace the 2 x TRV's to standard ones. In the meam time I'm leaving them on full until after the christmas period.

Cheers Stu

just take the heads off no need to replace with new valves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back