potterton promax combination boiler heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Been called to above combi for a problem with central heating. The boiler works fine for hot water but when external controls are calling for heat the boiler will not fire. The pump and then the fan kick in but then the ignition sequence stops and an error code flashes. Sometimes e160 sometimes e168. The book says that it could be a fan fault or fan wiring problem but would this not be the same on DHW also?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply , I was thinking that but before I go shelling the clients money out I wanted to be sure. Is there any test I can carry out to be 100 percent sure I am not missing anything?

You need to register in the combustion chamber

There are 2 threads currently running on this fault.

Click on the second heading down in the plumbing and heating section and follow the link
you will need to send details of your gas reg number and licence number to admin once approved click on the combustion chamber heading.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back