Problem with Aqualisa Quartz Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a Quartz digital shower 2-3 years ago and all has been fine. However recently its developed a fault. When i turn the unit on, either by remote or on the actual unit it fires up for around 5 seconds then resorts to a trickle. If I persevere I can get it to run ok after around 10-12 attempts.

The unit is fitted in the loft and is fed by a Stuart Turner 3 bar twin pump located in the airing cupboard.

Any ideas?

Steve

Sponsored Links
Have you tried to turn the power off to the processer for a few minutes?

I have turned it off and back on but only for a few seconds. I will try and give it a bit longer.

Does the pump stop?

Because you have the added complication of having a separate pump.

Sponsored Links
Hello again

Turned both pump and shower of for ten minutes but it doesnt seem to have worked.

Yes the pump does cut out when the shower stops.

I bought the shower new and boxed off ebay but alas no original receipt :(

I have emailed Aqualisa to see what they have to say but I doubt they will honour any guarantee without proof of purchase.

If you turn off the pump and just use the shower, what does it do normally?

I.e how does it perform?

My point is, it could be the pump or the processor.

SORRY!

Just reading through the literature its an AXIS unit not quartz. Same principles tho I guess?

Paul

I take your point. To be honest I have never tried it without the pump.

The pump is located in the airing cupboard alongside the hot water tank which feeds the pump. Cold feed is via header tank in loft. As I said the shower processor is in the loft next to the header tank.

Wasnt aware the shower would even function without a pump?

The pump is the type that senses flow and kicks in if that makes a difference. As I said above the pump does kick in then stops after about 5 seconds.

Any idea how much the circuit board was and where i can get one from?
Might be worth a try.

Pump is a Stuart Turner 3bar monsoon type

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back