radiator bleeding trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm trying to bleed my son's radiator to no avail. I get lots and lots of water but no bubble coming through. The only change is that the riser pipe (the outlet? the one that does not have the thermostatic valve on it) is now warm. But the whole radiator is cold as is the riser into the valve.

The whole system was drained, boiler replaced and two powerflushes were done just two months ago, so I don't understand.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I wait longer to see if I get an escape of air (I let it run for about 4 mins)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It's not an air issue, take the head of the TRV and see if the pin under it pushes down, you'll need something hard like a knife blade, it's to hard for your hand and please be gentle, also check the lockshield end and see if it's open, clockwise = closed, anti-clockwise = open

I mis read your moniker - I thought you were Agile Follower ;)

That did the trick. The pin was stuck in the down position, gave it a tiny depression or two and now its smoothly working and the radiator is hot! I can now see how to fix the one in the kitchen too (the valve is oriented improperly, all I need to do is spin it around a bit!)

Thank you so much!

It's not an air issue, take the head of the TRV and see if the pin under it pushes down, you'll need something hard like a knife blade, it's to hard for your hand and please be gentle, also check the lockshield end and see if it's open, clockwise = closed, anti-clockwise = open

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back